What do Richard Branson, Elon Musk, Larry Page, Eric Schmidt, Robert Bigelow, Ross Perot Jr, Paul Alan and Peter Thiel have in common? Well, first of course, they are billionaires. But secondly, they invest in space companies. When top billionaire entrepreneurs start to invest in something new, we may see the formation of a new trend. But why space, such a hard and long term endeavor, why not just simply betting on the next billion dollar app? It’s because of the question these people are asking: what are the biggest challenges humankind is facing? One of those challenges is increasing population vs. scarcity of resources. Continue reading
The Essence of Life
- When you follow your inspirations and intuition, you grow in self-worth and potential, as well as toward you true capabilities
- Gratitude is the key to growth and fulfillment.
- If you are not grateful for what you’ve been given, then why would the universe want to give you more?
- What exactly is gratitude? It’s what you feel when you’ve attained perfectly balanced perception.
- Many people confuse gratitude with elation. They think that when they’re elated about something and say, “Oh, I’m so thankful for that!” they’re being grateful.
- True gratitude is a quiet state of poise and inner calm where you’re truly thankful, where you sense the divine order and wouldn’t want anything to change.
- Nothing has ever happened or can happen to you that is not a gift and a blessing, but it’s difficult to be thankful until you find the hidden benefit in what may seem at first to be a negative event.
- There’s only two things that the world can’t take away from you: your love and your wisdom.
- Love and wisdom are the essence of life.
Believe You Can Succeed And You Will
- When you believe I-can-do-it, the how-to-do-it develops.
- Belief in success is the one basic, absolutely essential ingredient of successful people.
- It is well to respect the leader. Learn from him. Observe him. Study him. But don’t worship him.
How to develop the power of belief:
- Think success, don’t think failure.
- Remind yourself regularly that you are better than you think you are.
- Believe Big. The size of your success is determined by th size of your belief.
It’s not about surviving the next big asteroid that will hit earth or other events far in the future. It’s about the psychology and development of humankind in the immediate future!
The poster is great to collaborate on one physical sheet of paper, but I needed a digital friendly version to save the results and work on it later. So here is my bullet point structured version of the business model canvas crated with WorkFlowy. It can be copied and pasted from the website into most word processing applications.
This story is definitely one of my favorite speeches, it made me see Sylvester Stallone in a completely different light and serves as inspiration when I have to decide between money and “my way”:
Non the less, it gives me goose bumps every time I hear or read it. This has to be one of the deepest truths about us humans:
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous,
talented and fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.
There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you.
We were born to make manifest the glory of
God that is within us.
It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,
we unconsciously give other people
permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear,
Our presence automatically liberates others.
Brilliant stuff, got me totally clear on what I am (mechanic) and better ideas on how to leverage that to create value!
- Appreciate all the riches around you, including the riches of others. Look for wealth wherever you go, and appreciate it.
- Be clear about the amount of money you want to receive. State it and intend it! Don’t think about how much you can earn, but how much you want to receive.
- Love yourself and know that you are deserving and worthy of an abundance of money.
- Do not speak or think of the lack of money for a single second.
- Be grateful for the money you have. Appreciate it as you touch it.
- Affirm to yourself every day that you have an abundance of money, and that it comes to you effortlessly.
- Be certain that money is coming to you.
My notes from Sir Richard Branson’s book:
Business Stripped Bare: Adventures of a Global Entrepreneur
- The best Virgin manager is someone who cares about people and who is genuinely interested and wants to bring out the best in them.
- A boss who is willing to party with all of their people – and pay attention to their personal concerns – has the makings of a great leader.
- When I work with people, I really want to get to know them personally. I want to meet their families, their children, I want to know their weaknesses and their strengths, and above all I want them to know mine. Continue reading